1st Willamette Steelhead

1st Willamette Steelhead
Willamette Steelhead 2008

Friday, March 25, 2011

So. How have you all been? Hope you had a great fishing season last year. I obviously didn't write on here all I wanted to. Now I'm trying to remember dates of when I fished where and how many fish I caught and what I was usin'. Oh well. We had a pretty good steelhead season here in the Willamette Valley. Most of our fishing was here in town. Hopefully I will be able to come up with a few photos to link up on here and some stories to go with them. We had some great days on the water and some uneventful ones. Can't say that any of them were bad though.
Fall brought hunting season and less and less time for the river. My oldest daughter was nine last year so she was able to participate in the mentored youth hunting program. We had some fun days hiking through the Cascades. We were able to get a little buck on the 3rd Saturday of the season. It was a memorable day for us. It's been a long winter and I'm ready to get back out there after some fish. I have a hard time getting away during the winter to fish unfortunately. So hopefully I will do a little better this year keeping a log. Tight lines. wt

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back in the blogging world, brother.

    I have been pondering a lot lately about them steelhead that will soon be pouring into the Willamette River...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bro. I've been watching the fish counts every day. The next month will take forever because of the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to some more Oregon fishing stories. You post 'em and I will read 'em! Happy hook ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be there when you are ready. Of course, when you have room in your boat- you've got to get those girls of yours out on the river some more this year!

    ReplyDelete