1st Willamette Steelhead

1st Willamette Steelhead
Willamette Steelhead 2008

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sore Shoulders

I've really been itching to get back out and get a fish on the boat, so I can get I little better fishing memory stored up here. Decided to try to get home from work a little early so I could go give it another shot yesterday. The river has only dropped a few inches since Saturday, but I'd like to see the water at this level and hopefully get a chance to redeem myself. A friend was able to get off work around 5 so we hooked up the boat and got on the water about 6:30pm. It's a lot of water to cover before dark, but with the heavy water flow we figured we'd make it. We fished hot shots through most of the holes. My friend tried a kwikfish for a while. Not a single strike. We were off the water at about 9:20pm. Then the shuttling. My friend drove back to get the truck and trailer. While he was gone a couple of guys came to the ramp and cleaned their catch. They caught 4 springers up at the dam. They said they fished all day with nothing to show for it until about 7:30pm, then the bite turned on and they limited out. Must say I'm not real jealous. I'm just not a big fan of the combat fishing that generally goes on up there. I bet those boys are eating mighty fine today though.
This morning I woke up with a big knot behind my left shoulder blade. Trying to fish those lures slowly through that raging water for nearly three hours was a little rough. But, like they say, what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Hope that's the case. I've got blisters on top of blisters on my hands now. Well, theres the days report and complaint. Gonna be another week before I can get out there again. Hope yall are catching some fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment