1st Willamette Steelhead

1st Willamette Steelhead
Willamette Steelhead 2008

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Too much water.

This spring has been a little disappointing on the fishing side of things. We had a lot of snow in the mountains last winter, so now every time in rains, even a little, the river comes up. There should be a fair amount of fish in the river now, but it's just too high to fish it in my opinion. So now I wait. We need at least a few days of dry weather to bring the river down to fishable. I'll have to have everything ready to go so I can just head out as soon as conditions permit. I'll keep you posted. Hope the waters are a little friendlier where you are fishing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Maybe you should try to fish in some tributary of your river? Trouts may hide there from high, fast water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pointer Jarek. I really should broaden my horizons in this area. I have been so looking forward to fishing here in town for steelhead I may have neglected some other opportunities.

    ReplyDelete